This week, Mr. & Mrs. Allman and four other couples are second-honeymooning at the Tie the Knot Lodge, with each couple staying in the same cottage in which they honeymooned when they first got married, including one couple in the garishly red-and-pink Valentine Cottage. Each of the couples, including Michelle and her husband, is also celebrating a wedding anniversary, with no two couples having been wed the same number of years. Given the clues below, can you find each second honeymoon couple’s full names, the cottage in which they are celebrating, and the number of years they have been husband-and-wife?
1. The couples have been married from a high of 50 years to a low of 15 years; the couple married the shortest time isn’t Karen and her spouse.
2. Mr. & Mrs. Epstein have been married twice as long as Will and his wife; neither is the couple second-honeymooning in the Bridal Veil Cottage.
3. Steve and Mr. Bronson enjoy a daily round of golf together while their wives play tennis.
4. For Leah Dixon and her husband, it is their first return to Tie the Knot Lodge since their original honeymoon.
5. Rick and his wife have been wed 10 years longer than the Chandlers.
6. Jasmine and her spouse have been husband-and-wife twice as long as the couple staying in the Rose Cottage.
7. Nina and her mate have been married 10 years longer than Paul and his wife and 20 years longer than the couple second-honeymooning in Cupid’s Cottage.
8. Ted and his wife have been wed 10 fewer years than the couple who are staying in True Love Cottage; the latter are not Mr. & Mrs. Bronson.
9. Will and his wife aren’t lodging in Cupid’s Cottage or in Rose Cottage.
10. The couple staying in Bridal Veil Cottage is neither Jasmine and her husband nor Nina and her spouse.
This month’s prize is the “How To Use The New FamilySearch Correctly” by George W. Scott and, a full set of blank census forms, 1790 – 1930!
Each issue of the newsletter features a monthly contest for members to complete and submit for a chance to win a prize. The rules are pretty simple:
1. You must be a member of Shared Ancestors and/or GeneaBlogs to participate. No purchase necessary.
2. Complete that month’s contest and email your solution to the Admin. The first correct solution received will be the winner of that month’s prize. Regardless, entries must be received by the 25th of each month.
3. That month’s winner, along with the solution, will be announced in the next month’s newsletter. The winner will be notified by email that they have won. The winner will then need to email their address to: Contest so that their prize can be mailed to them. If none of the entries received have a correct solution the prize will not be awarded that month.
There was not a winning entry for last month’s contest.